Thursday, May 30, 2013

Windsor

We have a lovely hotel in Windsor, just a block away from Windsor Castle. Yes, as in one of the places where the Queen hangs out. I was surprised at how close the town comes to the walls surrounding the castle, although I’m sure that the area the Queen inhabits is far away from the wall where the town abuts. This gate to the castle is right across the street from the business district. I did some shopping and snapped some pictures while Barbara rested in the hotel.



Dinner was lovely and we had a great time talking and laughing and listening to stories told by Stevie, our Scottish coach driver. It hardly seems possible that it is the last dinner of the tour. On the other hand, I’m glad I’ll be eating more reasonably once I’m home. I don’t need all the food we get at these meals. I know I said I wasn’t going to eat everything in front of me, but I have anyway. When the food is excellent, who wants to stop eating?

No comments:

Post a Comment